Patna Metro is the rapid metro transit system which is Under-Construction Project in Patna, Bihar, India. It is being constructed by Bhavna & Jhumi Corporation.
After Construction, it would be owned and operated by the state government with the authority Patna Metro Rail Corporation (PMRCL). It will be made on the PPP method. The total cost estimated is Rs 13,411.77 Crore.
The Planning Commission of India passed approval for the Patna Metro on 14 September 2011. Patna Metro rail will operate on two routes under the public-private partnership method.
The Patna Metro is expected to give service on two corridors of phase 1 by the year 2024.
For First Phase– East-West Corridor ( Danapur to Mithapur Bus Stand) & North-South Corridor (Patna Railway Station to ISBT) .
For Second Phase– From Bypass Chowk Mithapur to Deedarganj Via Transport Nagar along NH-30 Bypass Road.
For Third Phase– Bypass Chowk/Mithapur to Phulwari Shariff/AIIMS Via Anisabad along NH-30 Bypass Road.
For Fourth Phase – Didargang to Fatuha junction.
Patna Metro Rail Corporation Project Status Update ( PMRCL Project Update)
- May 2015 – The Detailed Project Report (DPR) is expected to be completed by this month.
- Feb 2016 – The Bihar cabinet approved DPR of Patna Metro made by RITES and a budget of Rs 16,960 Crore. Planned to Execute under PPP mode by 2021.
- May 2016 – Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu reportedly assured Bihar to get the approval of the project within a month.
- July 2018 – Patna Metro Rail Revised detail project report got approval by Bihar Chief Secretary Deepak Kumar. The revised cost of the project including land acquisition was estimated to Rs. 19,500 Crore.
- Sep 2018 –The Detailed Project Report (DPR) was submitted to the Urban Development and Housing Department by RITES.
- Sep 2018 – The Constitution of Patna Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (PMRCL) as the special purpose vehicle (SPV) for the metro rail project was approved by the Bihar Cabinet.
- Sep 2018 – The DPR of the Patna Metro Rail Project was approved by the Public Finance Committee.
- Oct 2018 – DPR for Patna Metro Rail Approved by Bihar Cabinet and has been sent to the Central Government for approval.
- Nov 2018 – DPR was approved by the Central Government.
- Feb 2019 – Public Investment Board (PIB) approved Patna Metro’s Project.
- Feb 2019 – Patna Metro Rail Project including two corridors was approved by Union Cabinet.
- Feb 2019 – Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated Patna Metro’s first foundation.
- March 2019 – Patna Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (PMRCL) opened its formal office at Indira Bhawan.
- July 2019 – Work for Patna Metro Started.
- Aug 2019 – Places for project being Drone Surveyed and done up to 15 Oct.
- Sep 2019 – DMRC final checked project execution.
- Nov 2019 – CEG Started testing soil in the route.
- Feb 2020 – AECOM gets a consultancy contract for both of the corridors.
- June 2020 – Bids accepted for 6.1 km of Patna metro for the route two of phase 1.
- July 2020 – The Tender for constructing a metro depot at new ISBT awarded to Quality Buildcon Pvt Ltd.
Patna Metro Map HD
Patna Metro Phase and Corridors
Patna Metro Phase 1
|Patna Metro Proposed Corridor 1 & 2||Distance (KM)|
|Corridor 1A – EAST WEST Corridor|
– Danapur to Mithapur Bus Stand
– Bypass Chowki via Patna Railway Station
|Corridor 1B – Digha Link Metro Corridor|
– Digha Ghat to High Court/Vikas Bhawan
|Corridor 2- NORTH SOUTH Corridor|
– Patna Railway Station to ISBT
Patna Metro Phase 2
|Patna Metro Proposed Corridor 3||Distance (KM)|
|Mithapur/Bypass Chowk to Didarganj||13 Km|
Patna Metro Phase 3
|Patna Metro Proposed Corridor 4||Distance (KM)|
|Mithapur/Bypass Chowk to Phulwari Sharif/AIIMS||11 Km|